Travel Advisories and
Covid 19 Updates
Updated: February 17, 2021
Due to the current weather conditions, many areas of Bastrop are experiencing power outages. The National Guard is deployed across Texas to conduct welfare checks and assist local authorities in helping those in need. Local emergency resources are available here:
- Road Conditions: www.drivetexas.org
- Warming Centers: www.tdem.texas.gov/warm
- Bastrop County Office of Emergency Management Website | Facebook
- City of Bastrop, TX Website | Facebook
We are encouraging travelers to confirm reservations directly. Various lodging properties, restaurants and local businesses throughout Bastrop may be impacted. However, many have backup generators and will continue to welcome travelers during the power outage.
Many Bastrop businesses have re-opened with some restrictions as outlined in Governor Abbot’s Executive Order GA-32.
- Bastrop lodging properties are open.
- Bastrop restaurants, retail shops and museums are currently operating at 75 percent capacity indoors.
- Bars, breweries and wineries are currently operating at 50 percent capacity.
- Outdoor recreation is open. Restrictions may apply.
- Outdoor events and gatherings of more than 10 people must be approved by local government, with some exceptions.
- We encourage visitors to check individual websites and social channels of businesses to confirm details and operating hours.
To learn more about the safety efforts and sanitation protocols Bastrop businesses are following, visit our “Safe. Clean. Ready” initiative page.
To learn more about ways you can support local businesses reliant on tourism, click here.
- Governor Abbot’s Executive Order GA-32 on opening certain venues, including restaurants and retail (issued on 10/8/20).
- Governor Abbot’s Executive Order 29 on face coverings (issued 7/2/20).
- A record of all Governor Abbot’s proclamations can be found here.
Local Resources: follow these local partners for real time updates and information:
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Coronavirus Resource Page
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Augustine Agency